National Latino Fatherhood & Family Institute
Men Taking Responsibility
The National Latino Fatherhood and Family Institute
A Division of the National Compadres Network
Our mission is to build upon the cultural strengths and traditions of Latino men and boys and offer a path for men of all ages to become Un Hombre Noble, or a Noble Man.
NLFFI is a national effort that brings together nationally recognized leaders in the fields of Latino fatherhood, rites of passage, health, education, juvenile justice, social services, and advocacy.
25th annual Círculo de Hombres Retiro Registration
Now Open! To read about this event click here.
Read "A Brown Paper" digital report Click Here
Jerry Tello Honored as "Champion of Change"
at the White House
THE CALIFORNIA FATHERHOOD INITIATIVE
Description of The California Fatherhood Initiative: Click Here
Take the Fatherhood Pledge: Click Here
At the national level the Institute provides training, technical assistance, research, leadership development, resource and material development and serves as a leader in the field for those wanting to assist fathers of all ages develop strong, active roles in the lives of their children, family and community.
At the community level, the Institute provides culturally competent curriculum, social and educational services with programs designed to:
- Influence men to become strong Fathers and responsible men
- Assist men is healing and preventing the issue of Domestic Violence
- Strengthen and preserve families
- Address the Issue of Community and Gang Violence
- Promote Rites of passage and Youth Mentoring
- Address the issue of Teen Pregnancy prevention
- Provide culturally competent health and mental health services